Okay to be honest I’ve been in a blogging rut for God knows how long…and sometimes I tend to forget that this space still exists (or maybe I do but for whatsoever reasons I just couldn’t find it in me to write anymore) so imagine my surprise when I heard that I’ve actually been nominated for The Sisterhood of The World Blogger Award by the ever so kind one and only Dramajjang/Kwon Sang Seung. Thank you so much for this nomination T____T It’s not everyday you get to be reminded that you’re not forgotten in this blogosphere. I’m so sorry it took me so long to answer this questions but I’m glad that I’ve finally managed to do it. I actually had lots of fun answering them (in fact I think I got a bit carried away for one of the questions XD).
Now for the rules of this award:
- Link the blogger who nominated you on your post.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions that were given to you.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate five blogs and make sure they are aware they are nominated.
- When you have responded, leave a link in the comment of the person who nominated you.
Dramajjang‘s 10 questions:
1) To makjang or not to makjang?
No makjang please HAHA it’s one of the reasons why I generally stay away from weekend dramas. I’m all for makjang-free dramas ^___^
2) Do you fall in love in every drama with a different actor/actress too?
Well it depends really sometimes when I really like an actor/actress the love usually carries through to his/her other projects. There are times where I rediscover actors/actresses through really good acting projects though haha I don’t think I’ve answered your question properly oops.
3) Has your bias ever betrayed your feelings? And if yes, when?
I don’t have a bias now. I used to adore FT Island who is practically my first ever Korean bias when I was in high school but I grew out of my fangirl phase over the years (omg I feel so ancient now T____T). If we are going by ex-biases there’s Big Bang and FT Island and Lee Seunggi but I don’t think I’ve been disappointed/betrayed by them before (I WAS fangirly but not thattt obsessed till the point that I would let them affect my emotions in that way), so nope, that hasn’t happened before.
4) Do you like Cho Yong Pil’s music and generally, 80s South Korean music?
Okay I need to make a confession. The only Cho Yong Pil music that I know is Bounce (which is fairly recent) which I like heh. Yeah I think 80s South Korean music is amazing – I mean, we’ve got the likes of Lee Moon-Se, Lee Sun-hee, Yoo Jae-ha, Boohwal and Deulgukhwa but those are the ones that stood out to me the most. I mean their influence is still there and their legendary songs are still being covered on national tv until this very day BUT I’m personally a bigger fan of the ballad-era in the 1990s heh my favourites are Lee Juck (who used to be part of Panic), Kim Yeon-woo, Toy/Yoo Hee-yeol (not the best singer but his collabs were amazing I think Passionate Goodbye is super iconic I still love it even now). I just realised that pretty much all of them are guys oops…*guilty face* What can I say…I love my ahjusshis. Of course there’s also Yoon Jong Shin, Shin Seung Hun, Lee Seung Hwan, Yoon Sang etc but like they haven’t really left that much of an impression on me. With these names that I’ve mentioned though some of them only had like one or two hit songs that I’m actually familiar with so it’s not like my knowledge of them is perfect or anything. I think Yoon Do Hyun also came up in the 1990s, his voice is pretty good even though tbh I haven’t listened to him a lot.
Okay back to the 1980s…I think Kim Hyun-sik was also pretty huge (but I don’t know his songs well). Well for Lee Moon Sae the classic ones that I can think of now are Girl and Sunset Glow. Lee Sun-hee though has got so many iconic songs and I shall save your time by redirecting you to this playlist here. With Yoo Jae-ha (we lost him way too soon) there’s the legendary Because I Love You and You In My Arms (please watch Ha Dong Kyun’s Cover of YIMA!), and with Boohwal there’s Never Ending Story and for Deulgukhwa we’ve got Please. HAHA I think my knowledge of the 1980s Gayo is fairly limited. I only have Korean variety shows, music shows and song covers to thank for exposing me to the oldies (Immortal Song 2 is freaking awesome in terms of reintroducing oldies into mainstream gayo). Oh crap, I hadn’t realised that this turned out to be way longer than expected heh. It’s not everyday I get to talk about the oldies that I like so thank you so much for your question. ^___^
5) Which are your favorite 2015 drama and/or movie for the time being?
T-drama Mr Right Wanted (technically a 2014 drama but it finished its run in 2015 so I’m just treating it as a 2015 one). I haven’t got much time to watch dramas this year. I’ve watched Kill Me Heal Me but it’s not something that I’d go out of my way to recommend to first timers and as for the other dramas I’ve dropped them like hot potatoes (Misaeng would be perfect but it’s a 2014 drama so…*shrugs*).
6) Which actor/actress would you like to see in a drama during 2015?
Song Joong Ki ❤
7) After Kill Me, Heal Me ended, how many personalities did you acquire? If you haven’t watched it yet, why?!
Just one HAHA I think it was fun while it lasted but it’s not like a must-watch for me. I personally stuck on for Ji Sung despite how distracting Hwang Jung-eum’s plasticky-ness & OTT-ness was but sadly the drama lost its steam in the later half oh wells.
8) To have loved and to have lost or to have never loved?
To have loved and to have lost. At least there’s the memories that’ll sustain you through your old age, no?
9) Have you ever drank soju? And if yes, did you get drunk?
Yeahhh, I prefer makgeolli though it’s a bit milder plus I generally like the smell of rice wine heh. With soju nope I don’t think I’ve allowed myself to drink to the extent that I’ll be drunk (because there won’t be people to carry me home lol just kidding ;p)
10) Would you do the chincha dance with me?
Okay I had to google up the chincha dance (I’m outdated I know -____-) and I still haven’t got the slightest idea what it’s about HAHA fail. I’m a dance klutz but if you’re willing to bear with my ineptness on the dance floor I guess why not? HEH
My 10 questions are less drama-orientated because I’d very much prefer to get to know the lovely people who’ve come across my space. I mean, dramas are great and all, but at the end of the end they’re just fiction whereas you awesome people are real people living real lives, y’know? One of the things that I’ve always been drawn to whenever I discover a new blog is to find out more about the masterminds behind these fascinating writings (I’m instantly drawn to the ‘About Me’ page pretty much every single time). Anyways here are my questions:
1. Did you have a childhood nickname? If so, what’s the story behind it?
2. Tell me three things about the place you grew up in.
3. What’s the craziest/oddest thing you’ve ever eaten?
4. Would you rather eat healthy or exercise regularly?
5. If you had to pick one representative dish that best encapsulates where you are from what would it be and why?
6. How do you spend your free time apart from watching shows?
7. If you could go back into time (say, ten years) to offer a piece of advice to the younger you, what would it be and why?
8. What is one of the most adventurous things you’ve ever done?
9. What is something you are waiting for, or looking forward to, right now?
10. Where are you from? How did you get to discover this space? In other words, what brought you here?
I am nominating my favourite bloggers Heisui of My Drama Tea, Mookie, Jan of blogphilic & dramaphilic, Shweta of A Splash of Inspiration and last but not least I’d love to return the favour to the ultra-cool Kwon Sang Seung of Dramajjang (because I’m too curious about you!). Have fun answering the questions y’all! ❤